In this post we will discuss about Choti Diwali. Like when is Chhoti Diwali celebrated? Choti Diwali 2023 Date and Muhurat Why is Choti Diwali celebrated? Significance of Choti Diwali.
Also, at the end of this post, we have also given some photos of Happy Choti Diwali, which you can share with your friends and relatives.
On this day Lord Krishna killed a demon named Narakasura. For this reason Narak Chaturdashi is also celebrated on this day.
Yamraj, the god of death, is worshiped on this day.
Choti Diwali also has special significance in Hinduism.
There is a lot of religious significance of lighting Yama lamp on this day.
Also read information about Govardhan Puja 2023 by Clicking Govardhan Puja 2023 Date, Time, Importance and Bhai Dooj 2023 – Bhai Dooj – Complete information in one place.
When is Choti Diwali?
The festival of Choti Diwali is celebrated every year on Chaturdashi Tithi of Krishna Paksha of Kartik month. Narak Chaturdashi is also celebrated on this day.
Choti Diwali 2023 Date
The festival of Choti Diwali is on 11 November 2023, Saturday.
|Festival||Date and Day|
|Choti Diwali 2023 Date||11 – 11 – 2023, Saturday|
Why is Choti Diwali celebrated?
There are many religious beliefs behind celebrating Choti Diwali.
The biggest reason behind celebrating Choti Diwali is associated with Lord Shri Ramchandra ji.
The people of Ayodhya celebrated by lighting a lamp a day earlier in the joy of the return of Lord Shri Ram, Goddess Sita and Lakshmana to Ayodhya.
After that, when Lord Shri Ram came to Ayodhya with Mother Sita and Lakshmana, he celebrated Diwali with great pomp.
The practice of celebrating Choti Diwali is believed to have started from that day itself.
The second story is related to Lord Krishna. On this day Lord Krishna killed the demon Narakasura and liberated 16000 girls from the captivity of Narakasura. For this reason Lord Krishna is also worshiped on this day.
For this reason this day is also called Narak Chaturdashi.
In many places, Narak Chaturdashi is celebrated on this day instead of Choti Diwali.
There is a law to worship Yamraj ji on this day. According to beliefs, worshiping Yamraj ji on this day and lighting the Yama lamp does not lead to premature death.
Worshiping Yamraj, one gets freedom from physical sufferings. Also, for any crime committed by mistake, one does not have to suffer the punishment of hell.
Importance of chhoti diwali
- Choti Diwali is an important festival of Hinduism.
- Taking bath on this day by applying rubbish or applying mustard oil gives a healthy body and freedom from diseases and sufferings.
- Worshiping Yama Dev on this day is considered auspicious.
- By worshiping Lord Yamraj and lighting the Yama lamp, man gets the blessings of Lord Yamraj.
- By the grace of Lord Yamraj, man does not die prematurely and gets freedom from hell.
- Worshiping Lord Shri Krishna on this day is also considered auspicious.
- Also, on the day of Choti Diwali, lighting a big lamp in the name of Lord Yamraj and keeping it at the back of the house is auspicious.
How to celebrate Choti Diwali?
- Bathing on the day of Choti Diwali has a lot of significance.
- Bath should be done by applying rubbish of mustard oil, gram flour, turmeric, sandalwood etc.
- One should take bath in the morning and evening.
- Bath should be done with fresh water.
- Yamraj is worshiped on this day.
- Along with this, Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Shri Krishna are also worshiped on this day.
- There is also a tradition of lighting a lamp on this day.
- Keep a lamp at the main door of the house.
- Also light a big lamp in the name of Lord Yama and keep this lamp behind the house showing it in the whole house.
Chhoti Diwali Wishes
Wishing you all a very Happy Chhoti Diwali from the Sona Tuku family.
Chhoti Diwali Video
We have given below some YouTube videos related to Choti Diwali. You can also get information by watching these videos.
Also read –